Monday 29 June 2009

Sick of the sound of my own voice

I really don’t know why I bother sometimes. I’m sooo fed up with having to explain SID over and over and over and over… for those of you in the same boat you’ll know exactly what I mean.

Why won’t somebody just realise that living with SID and having SID basically in a nutshell means life is hard work, every day is hard work. Having SID is not a game, it’s not about getting your own way, it’s not about being picky…

For anyone about to slide down this slippery slope we call SID World, here are some things you’d better get used to:
1) Explaining SID and it’s impact on your child’s life sooo many times you begin to question your own sanity.
2) Expect no help ’cos that’s basically what you’ll get! Certainly not in the UK anyway.
3) Get used to the idea that no-one really even understands what you are talking about.
4) Prepare yourself for spending alot of your precious time running round and round in circles.
5) Stand your ground, if you’re convinced it’s not Aspergers don’t accept any other diagnosis.
6) Be prepared to defend yourself as to why it’s not Aspergers, oh yes, this will happen.

Till next time
Blessings
‘B’s Mum

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is so incredibly true it is sad. Last October, I did a series of posts about SPD for SPD Awareness Month and I talked a lot about these issues.

    Just yesterday I had a friend imply that I am too lenient on Danny because he has SPD. This is really not true at all. Seriously, I have thought about it, and it is not true. I do discipline him, but along with that, I try to figure out what has triggered his behavior so we can perhaps avoid it in the future. Still, that just shows the ignorance of people on this topic. So, so sad, since I truly believe there are way more kids with SPD out there than we even know about.

    ReplyDelete