Saturday 5 November 2011

Fireworks

Sorry, this blog post is going to take the form of a good old fashioned moan… I HATE this time of year and it’s because of one thing… FIREWORKS!

Why, oh why, do they have to be so loud?

We live literally a 3 minute walk from the beach and every year we have to endure various fireworks displays, one that takes place during the summer at the end of the annual Clifftop Gala. 2 years ago I found myself actually filing a complaint… the fireworks were sooo loud, everything shook – the dog, my daughter, the floors, the whole house! I’m not one to complain, not usually, but this was too much. The bangs were more like you imagine full-on explosions in a war zone would be like. ‘B’ was terrified and that was what prompted the complaint, I had never seen her so scared, she couldn’t stop shaking for hours, she was hysterical with fear.

Then you have Hallowe’en and Bonfire Night. Last night there were bangers and then ‘screamers’, lots and lots of them (supposedly the grand finale ’cos after that ‘burst’ it all stopped). The whole thing went on for the best part of an hour and a half of constant fireworks. You could smell the smoke from them in the garden, they were that close! Heaven only knows where they were being set off but they were way too close for comfort. Again I had ‘B’ in a right old state, shaking and in floods of tears.

I don’t have a problem with people enjoying themselves but it’s about time they were banned in built-up areas. My daughter can’t be the only one that gets distressed.

Fingers crossed it is raining cats and dogs tonight!

Til’ next time
‘B’s Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment